Monday, November 30, 2009

Gift Caricature #2


This was a caricature for one of my wife's good friend's son Cameron. He is one of the happiest babies I've never met. Always smiling and full of life. Truly a blessing.

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I initially drew a sketch of Cameron almost a year ago. Either I work that slow or time flies that fast. Nevertheless, I finished the caricature and kinda like the outcome. I'm still playing with different styles of caricature but I think this style is worth exploring some more.

"An anxious heart weighs a man down,
but a kind word cheers him up."
~Proverbs 12:25

4 comments:

Talona Davis said...

Babe you captured him so well!!! Thanks for making my friends smile!! Love you!

Steph F. said...

Oh. My. Goodness.
THAT IS STELLAR!! Man, way to go! What do you mean you 'kinda like the outcome'? That pic is crazy-good!

I'm still trying to figure out a style of caricature too. There are just too many cool styles that I want to get good at, but need time to concentrate on each single style to learn it. I just keep bumping from one to the other, though - cartoony, realistic, painterly, etc. Anyhow... end of useless post. :)

Chris Davis said...

Hey Steph you are preaching to the choir. I've seen so many artist master so many techniques and mediums I find myself getting lost trying them all out. At some point I guess you have to stop looking at everyone elses work and start defining what your work looks like. I'm glad you like the picture tho. I look forward to doing more here soon.

Pursue my Peak said...

The young gent looks great Chris. I can tell he has a clean skin tight fade. You captured his almond eyes, gums, and teeth very well...I love it.